Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE LIGHT OF FRIENDSHIP

 



perusing the file
thinking of new friends found
and you all came to mind




i was thinking about new "art" world friends while pondering my title "openings connecting" after reading the latest from leslie avon miller's blog TEXTURES SHAPES AND COLOR. she always inspires us with her postings about art: the process, the people, and most recently~ friendships formed in that process.

which brought to mind one of my best friendships that has grown during one-week summer workshops over the last 4 years, and although renee and i live too far apart to visit, we continue to communciate in the most supportive of ways. i'd found this quote from c.s. lewis and added it to the photo collage above, in honor of those sparks shared across a studio table, or through our blogging, all in the ART SPIRIT!!

'FRIENDSHIP IS BORN AT THAT MOMENT WHEN ONE PERSON SAYS TO ANOTHER, WHAT? YOU TOO? I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!'
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhh. I'm sitting here in my cold (very cold) Colorado kitchen at the almost end of my work day crying the good tears of love after reading your post! Aren't we so lucky we found each other - even after that first year we didn't know we would be friends? And that second year with the earring adventure and subsequent story.....

    love, love and more!!!!

    and of course, "you too?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! we all love you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy: It is exactly that "like mindedness" that gets us going I think. I love being connected with other artist type folks. It is such a great aspect of blogging. And art. And I love the quote. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I like that and this suits so well to my blog post today. Not on woven letters, but on my other blog.
    I am cherishing friendship so much these days, I am so grateful. Thank you for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Neva - lovely and heartfelt - xo frannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how true! The wonder of friendships that cross distance and time, without the formal introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh
    good
    ness
    ...
    I
    feel
    the
    same
    way
    ...
    such
    inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. elk! 'i feel the same way' = "what? you too?"
    lucky all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, I have made some new blog friends as well-- you for one :-)
    that makes all this so worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isnt it amazing, the friends we make via the net, the plethora of lovely like-minded souls who continue to brighten our days, as your blog does to all who happen upon it. xo

    ReplyDelete