Thursday, June 9, 2011

IT HAPPENED: now showing in Ranchos de Taos



A FIRST: walking into a space and seeing work I'd done on the walls.

The precious little platinum images on vellum glowing in the corner from the gold leaf backing.


The long line of the silver gelatin prints.




Supportive friends.
Caterina Giglio and I have shared blogging for a couple of years and finally met...her work part of the show as well. . .and my good friend Renee, the most encouraging art pal ever...we've shared five summer workshops  at Mabel's, Studio in the Sky with Sas Colby. . .and a blog.


The show is called Four Directions, Four Visions. Once, I was like a 'rolling stone' with 'no direction home'. Not so today as I am firmly rooted right here in Michigan.  I am fortunate to have been able to share the Two Graces space for its last show at this site with owner Robert Cafazzo, Caterina Giglio, and Vicki VanAmeyden.  .  .
GRACE and GRATITUDE

MY 'STATEMENT' 
for the show is at the top of my sidebar.

18 comments:

  1. What a very special time for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply the best! So fun to share the moment(s) with you! grin, grin, grin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing, to be able to see your work up on an art gallery wall. You should be (and are) so thrilled. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a wonderful show and your work looks so splendid hanging there and to boot to be able to share the opening with your friends...doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. many congratulations Nancy - this is a show I would love to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Nancy. The work looks wonderful and you must be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Neva - wow! What an honor and how special to see your work brought to life after all these years. What a great winter you must have had playing alchemist! I wish I could see every single one of them up close. I will look for them when I'm there for Sas's class. We'll miss you this year! Congratulations! Much love - "Paloma"

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post and it was a splendid time, although too short! I want you to send me that photo, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! What wonderful friends especially when they are blogger friends...Friends are special in any form truly.
    Katelen

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic....good for you and our blogging friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Endless words of congratulations to you. What an exciting moment for you. I do wish I could have been there to see and celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhh, i love to see your excitement emerge from the making and showing of this beautiful series. And what beautiful photo's of the window and door to the gallery as well. I wish I could have been there too! roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on this wonderful exhibit- and to be there with artists that you so admire and who have been so generous with you is an even greater gift. Cheers and so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh. I love Taos, and I wish I could see your photographs there in person! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my 'renewal' post... and 2nd, a big congrats on your show and having your work up on a wall with other wonderful artists-- where your beautiful work belongs by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so amazing .. it was a lovely show I see

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking, here in the square state, that maybe, perhaps, you could post some photos of the mitten state. Surely you've had a camera in your hand recently? I hope. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neva -- Just catching up with fellow bloggers and am in awe of your works! Congratulations and hoping to see more as the summer winds down and we head inside (have tried to stay off the computer these past weeks!) --

    ReplyDelete