Thursday, October 8, 2009

NOTHING LIKE SEEING YOUR NAME HANDWRITTEN IN THE MAILBOX

 

 

 

 

REAL TIME.
SNAIL MAIL.
TIME TAKEN
TO STAMP AND POST.
IN THE BOX.
THROUGH THE AIR.

these are from taos friendships formed at workshops at the mabel dodge luhan house.
Carol Austin sent the first talisman with the cross. on the rothko calendar now.
yesterday, the joy of opening a card from my friend renee in
denver, dancers around the fire, so old blinking light on margarittas
in arroyo seco. two georgia postcards that i bought at the harwood museum there this summer.
the red asian silk piece is from caroline in montreal. and a card from sas in berkeley.

SO YOU SEE, IT'S NOT JUST THE MOUNTAIN I LOVE THERE.
and from a card from my vllbff, this quote:

"FRIENDSHIPS don't just 'happen', but the best ones seem to fall into place right from the start, naturally and easily, as if they were always meant to be..."
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get gifties in the snail mail. And, BEAUTIFUL ones at that. I know that I treasure my blogging buddies. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the New Belgium coaster and I knew that piece came from Renee! just sent a few to my friend Patty in Virginia! LOL!!! we do love our micro beer! plus, those coasters make great substrates!
    congrats on fun snail mail!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I had such fun creating that card with the special tag in an envelope on the flip side! How wonderful you grouped us all together again. Big SMILE! Great idea to post them. I'm going to do the same! Thanks vllbff. Miss you! Me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In these electronic days, it truly is an extra special treat to get something 3-D in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quote, it's good to have friends. It's the best about the www, for me, that it's not only "unreal", but also a huge exchange of everything, including handwritten letters and little presents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can sense your delight in opening up the little gifts in the mail-- great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup! now it's my turn to reciprocate!! {isn't that a fun word?}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real mail is still the best. And what you received seem like treasures from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanksgiving blessings from montreal..wishing you all fabulous feasts with family and friends, cerene
    p.s. verication word is godsh,
    i wrote a haiku:

    godsh, life is full
    a city walk with two dogs
    scattering orange red leaves

    ReplyDelete