Monday, January 2, 2012

"I STILL HAVE EVERYTHING"

small bowl, feather, shell




one of my new photographs seemed to call for Naomi Shihab Nye's poems. here are two:

I STILL HAVE EVERYTHING YOU GAVE ME

"It is dusty on the edges.

Slightly rotten.

I guard it without thinking.

Focus on it once a year
when I shake it out in the wind.

I do not ache.

I would not trade."


and


HIDDEN


"If you place a fern
under a stone
the next day it will be
nearly invisible
as if the stone has
swallowed it.

If you tuck the name of a loved one
under your tongue too long
without speaking it
it becomes blood
sigh
the little sucked-in breath of air
hiding everywhere
beneath your words.

No one sees
the fuel that feeds you."

10 comments:

  1. Great choice of words and image...no one sees the fuel that feeds you...I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh a magnificent trio of beauty. Your photo is gorgeous...so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo and the words seem to reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image is very Zen-like and minimal and up close and personal... and the words in the poetry meld with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely enjoyed this post. Beautiful image. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weight of things...this is a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "the little sucked in breath of air"... oh my ...oh my all this and your gorgeous photo too... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two weeks off, starting today and am relishing the time to read your words and look at your blog. Your photograph of the bowl is very stunning to me, and your new heading (!) AND the words on your sidebar...'time to rest, to be, to stretch' Thats me right now.
    Happy winter to you, lovely one.

    roxanne

    ReplyDelete